A note to my freshmen FishAides...
My favorite forty,
Looking back on this blur of a year, it's almost impossible to put into words the delight and craziness of it all. It's been a chance to grow, to learn, and to love every moment.
It's hard to believe a year ago Meredith and I had just selected the new co-chairs and were getting excited for a new year. From the moment we were a team, we talked about the forty of you constantly, Carly stalked the entire freshmen class via facebook over the summer, we thrilled in meeting you at MSC Open House, and then suddenly after a few long nights in Koldus we were at Rudder Fountain congratulating you. And the year has been so good. I don't think I could ever determine a favorite memory, but seeing your smiles and hearing your laughter are part of every good memory.
Along with all the fun there have definitely been some hard times this year, but all of that has been unspeakably worth it when I think about you all. I could not be more proud of a group. We have done our best to give you the opportunites and the experience you need to be leaders, both here at A&M and in the future, and you have taken those opportunities and run with them. Every single one of you has transformed from being lost freshmen in September to being some of the finest leaders at Texas A&M this spring.
I have huge dreams for each one of you, and they simplify to this: using every bit of your talent and potential to the very fullest to serve others. I want to see you achieve great things, but that doesn't mean the same thing for all of you. Find what you love and what you are good at, and do it well. Be willing to try new things until you find out what that is. And if you don't get suceed at first, try again, but don't be afraid of changing directions to try something else. Just don't ever quit.
Some of you will go on to lead this campus in exec council, SGA, the MSC, and the corps, but I simply hope that you will do something meaningful and of benefit to those around you. There are things, not just at A&M, but in this life that will be left undone if you fail to use your unique talents to their potential.
Keep growing, learning, and leading. You are the most talented group of individuals I have ever had the privilege of knowing and working with and I am in love with each and every one of you.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home